We are a progressive, full service label printing and design company offering superior service and premium quality products to our valued customers. We care deeply about our people, our work and our clients. We promise outstanding service and quality while using the latest technology to help our clients grow their businesses.
As we ourselves continue growing, we need an outstanding PrePress Graphics Technician to join our vibrant and energetic team. You should have graphic design or prepress experience along with some training in a production environment. You must have a mindset for continuous improvement and a keen eye for details. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic and a desire to learn are all key traits we look for in our unique and upbeat work environment.
Produce materials for print reproduction by determining prepress requirements; producing layouts of text, illustrations, and graphics, maintaining quality standards and prepress files.
– Determine prepress requirements by reviewing work orders; studying design, content, and specifications.
– Develop design concepts by evaluating space requirements, type size and style, spacing, and graphics; reviewing customer’s designs.
– Prepare finished page layouts by writing, editing, keying, and copying text; creating and importing graphics; converting, scanning, and enhancing documents, illustrations, and photographs, into digital images; operating proofing systems.
– Maintain quality results by editing layouts including spelling, grammar, punctuation, reproduction, clarity, and consistency; adhering to prepress standards.
– Obtain layout approval by submitting completed design and layout; reviewing and implementing changes.
– Initiate printing production by transmitting files.
– Maintain prepress files by filing and retrieving layouts.
– Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
– Learn and understand digital print press operations.
– Full working knowledge of Adobe CS6 and CC Suite.
– Working knowledge of OSX and its systems.
– Knowledge of Color (CMYK) and ICC Color profiles.
– Experience with Esko workflows and Automation Engine is considered an asset.
Organized, Quality Focused, Attention to Detail, Layout Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Graphic Design Skills, Desktop Publishing Skills, Documentation Skills, Ability to work in a team setting and independently, Willing to work flexible hours.
Competitive market-based pay commensurate with experience, including excellent benefits plan with RRSP matching, medical, dental, vision care, life and disability insurance.
If this unique opportunity is of interest, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest.